Homework - ELA
Book Trailer Links:
- Creative Commons Music Search - Scroll down and look for a site with music that works for you. My favorite is BeatPick (easiest to find what you're looking for). Listen to many samples and make sure it is cleared for student projects and is FREE!
- Incompetech - At this website Kevin MacLeod offers his royalty free music creations under the Creative Commons License. There are many different types of instrumental music at this site.
- Sound Effects: pacdv offers a few instrumentals for you to use royalty free. They just ask that you mention "Music by www.pacdv.com/sounds/" in your credits.
- Sonnyboo Music - Offers a few songs that you can use in your productions as long as you credit the songwriter - Peter John Ross.
- Poets.org - from the Academy of American Poets, features special events, has special daily poems and weekly features. Gives brief biographies and lessons for teachers.
- Poetry Foundation - Search for poems by author or title. Has poems listed by themes, audio-versions of poems, events and more.
- Poetry 180 - From the Library of Congress - a poem a day by Billy Collins.
- Library of Congress Literature Center - featured poets and poems, news and webcasts.
- Famous Poets and Poems - Search for famous poets or poems. Has poet biographies & famous quotes. Also offers thematic poems and quotes. Also check out the Poet of the Month! Be aware though, there are links on this site to Amazon.com and other retail sites.
- International Children's Digital Library - On this website you can find picture books in just about any language. Using the smartboard, the kids can read the stories with the pictures. You can select the language you’re looking for and read book along with your students. You can also search by target age level for the books, length, imaginary creature characters, award winners, fairy tales, character, and even by the color of the cover!
Authors and Writers
- Women Artists and Writers of Color - This site, maintained by the University of Minnesota, can be searched by name, by alphabetical list of names, "axes of affiliation" (race/ethnicity), location (place of birth, current residence or other connection). The link to "Critique" off the home page provides reviews, including that of children's literature.