- Facilities Staff
- Asbestos Plan
- Fire Safety
- Health & Safety Committee
- Health & Safety Archived Minutes
- Notification of the Use of Pesticides
- Lead Testing of School Drinking Water
By law we are obligated to disclose that there are asbestos containing materials (ACM) located in areas of our schools, which currently pose no threat to the health and safety of our students and staff.
There is an asbestos plan which identifies where all the ACM is located. These plans are located in the main office of each building and in the Facilities Office. Most schools over 20 years old contain asbestos building materials, i.e.: floor tile, mastic (adhesive), ceiling tile, etc. At Briarcliff, most of the asbestos is found in floor tile and floor tile mastic. We inspect the condition of these floors every six months. We are also required to have an independent licensed asbestos consultant complete a tri-annual inspection and update our plan, which is up to date.
Though not required by law, two members of our maintenance staff is certified in asbestos operations and maintenance. We routinely check all the ACM, in addition to the independent consultant. Our NYS licenses are renewed yearly after an eight hour training session and exam.
Should you have any questions or if you want to review these plans, please contact Kenneth Baviello, Director of Facilities.
All information pertaining to fire safety reports is available in the facilities office:
Health & Safety Committee Agendas & Minutes
- Health & Safety Committee Minutes - June 15, 2021
- Health & Safety Committee Minutes - January 16, 2020
- Health & Safety Committee Minutes - April 26, 2018
- Health & Safety Committee Minutes - February 1, 2018
- Health & Safety Committee Minutes - November 2, 2017
Health & Safety Archived Minutes
- Health & Safety Committee Minutes - June 16, 2016
- Health & Safety Committee Minutes - November 17, 2016
- Health & Safety Committee Minutes - March 19, 2015
- Health & Safety Committee Minutes - June 18, 2015
- Health & Safety Committee Minutes - October 2, 2014
- Health & Safety Committee Minutes - December 18, 2014
- Health & Safety Committee Minutes - February 28, 2013
- Health & Safety Committee Minutes - October 18, 2012
Policy #8115 - The Board of Education recognizes the potentially serious risks inherent in using chemical pesticides in the school environment, and therefore authorizes the implementation of a comprehensive integrated Pest Management (IPM) program for all schools building and grounds.
The Integrated Pest Management Program will be in full compliance with state and federal regulations.
All school districts in the state are required to notify their parents and neighbors about the use of pesticides in and around their schools. In Briarcliff, the use of pesticides is prohibited for use on athletic fields and lawn areas except as part of the Integrated Pest Management program, in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
Inside pest control involves keeping the schools, including kitchens, as clean as possible, making sure custodial closets are clean and well lit, removing food from vendor boxes as soon as the food is received, and storing all perishable goods on open shelving. All sites are monitored monthly by a licensed professional.
When interior pests become a problem despite all our sanitary efforts, we call a licensed outside contractor who may use: Borid with Boric Acid, Avert Cockroach Gel Bait, and Max Force Roach Bait, or any other EPA designated and approved biopesticide.
If a parent wishes to be notified in advance about an upcoming pesticide application, that request should be put into writing and sent with your child’s name, school and grade to: