- Faculty/Student Achievements
- School Accolades
- Distinguished Alumni Induction/Awards Ceremony
- DISTINGUISHED STUDENT OF THE MONTH
- Math Honor Society
- Tri-M Music Honor Society
- Rho Kappa Honor Society
- NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY
- Dance Arts National Honor Society
- Congratulations to the Distinguished Students of the Month of April!
- Muriel Oppong, Gr. 9
- Declan O'Neill, Gr. 10
- Samuel Brown, Gr. 11
- Jessica Garlasco, Gr. 12
- Congratulations to Brett Lachtman whose non-fiction piece, “Paying College Basketball Players” was recently published in Teen Ink!
- Congratulations to Aaqib Mansoor whose fictional piece in the novel category, "The Diary of Louis Kennedy" was recently published in Teen Ink!
- Congratulations to Olivia Bergstein whose non-fiction piece, “Power of Determination” was recently published in Teen Ink!
- Congratulations to Stephanie Markowitz! First Place Winner in theNinth Judicial District Committee to Promote Gender Fairness in the Courts Essay Contest
- Congratulations to the Debate Teams for finishing in 4th and 5th Place in this year's competition!
- Christopher Arroyo
- Oliver Benson
- John Hansley
- Gil Halevi
- Julia Hoyer
- Andrew Sugrue
- Congratulations to the 2018 WESEF winners!
- Abigail Hentel - 1st Place Winner in Medicine and Health
- Max Pushkin - 2nd Place Winner in Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Olivia Bergstein - 4th Place Winner in Animal Sciences
- Eli Karp - 4th Place Winner in Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Noah Benson - 4th Place Winner in Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Hannah Gelfand - 4th Place Winner in Medicine and Health
- Farhaanah Mohideen - Winner of The ASU Walton Sustainability Solutions Initiative Award
- Matthew Tu - Winner of The Innovations in Biological Sciences Research Award
- Andrew Van Camp - Winner of The College Admissions Central Science Horizons Award
- Benjamin Harris - Winner of The Office of Naval Research Award
- Congratulations to all of our nineteen WESEF participants. We are so proud of each and every one of them!
- Noah Benson – Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Oliver Benson – Environmental Science
- Olivia Bergstein – Animal Science
- Weston Cooper – Medicine and Health
- Jacob Fridakis - Engineering
- Hannah Gelfand – Medicine and Health
- Maya Goldheim – Medicine and Health
- Benjamin Harris – Engineering
- Abigatil Hentel – Medicine and Health
- Eli Karp – Behavioral and Social Science
- Nikhil Krishnani – Behavioral and Social Science
- Livia Marchese – Animal Science
- Farhaanah Mohideen – Environmental Science
- Max Pushkin – Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Sarah Raphael – Medicine and Health
- Maegan Rosenberg – Physics and Astronomy
- Kyra Swatko – Medicine and Health
- Matthew Tu – Neuroscience/Bioinformatics
- Andrew Van Camp – Medicine and Health
- Congratulations to Madison Hennessy for being named a Finalist in the 2018 National Merit Competition!
- Congratulations! Briarcliff HS Class of 2018
- Valedictorian: Matthew Tu
- 1st Salutatorian: Farhaanah Mohideen
- 2nd Salutatorian: Sajan Bar
- Congratulations to the following Visual Arts students who received outstanding results from the Scholastic Art and Writing Competition 2017-2018:
- Farhaanah Mohideen: Honorable Mention for PORTFOLIO & 2 Gold Keys & 2 HM (for painting)!
- Haochen Deng: Gold Key (digital), Silver Key (self-portrait, oil) & 2 Honorable Mentions (still life, portrait, oil)!
- Hannah Siesel: Silver Key(drawing) & Honorable Mention (painting)
- Anna Albert: Silver Key (self-portrait drawing) & Honorable Mention (portrait painting)
- Emma Calame-Pennington: Honorable Mention (self-portrait)
- John Gross: Gold Key (furniture design)
- Isabel Klein: Honorable Mention (portrait painting)
- Kala Herh: Silver Key (self-portrait, oil)
- Oyin Tukuru: Honorable Mention (architecture painting)
- Sarah Albert: Honorable Mention (self-portrait, oil)
- Congratulations to the staff of Briars & Ivy for a very successful awards season! Under the direction of alumni Sophie Underwood, Rebecca Leon, Kaveri Gowda, and Jordan Kim, the 2017 edition of Briars & Ivy has garnered the following awards:
- National Council of Teachers of English Program to Recognize Excellence in Student Literary Magazines --Recommended for Highest Award
- American Scholastic Press Association -- 1st Place
- Columbia Scholastic Press Association -- Gold Medalist
- National Scholastic Press Association -- 1st Class with one mark of distinction
- Empire State Scholastic Press Association --Gold Overall
2017-18 School Recognitions
- Briarcliff High School receives Gold Medal and is named a 2018 U.S. News Best High School! Ranked #36 in New York State and #248 in the Nation
- Briarcliff High School named One of America's Most Challenging High Schools! Ranked #392 in the nation by The Washington Post
- Briarcliff recognized as a 2015-2016 "Blue Star School" for Financial Literacy by W!SE (Working In Support of Education).
- Briarcliff Ranks #33 Among the Top 50 High Schools in Newsweek’s 2016 List of Top Public High Schools in America
- Briarcliff Recognized as a "Reward School" for 2017-2018 By The University of the State of New York Education Department
- Briarcliff Ranks #48 Among the Top 500 High Schools in the nation in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) in US News and World Reports
- Briarcliff Receives “Gold Medal” Recognition in U.S. News and World Report’s National Survey of High School Programs with State Rank of #31
- The Briarcliff Bruin 2017 received the Gold Medalist Award with All-Columbian Honors awarded for all sections of the yearbook. Congratulations to the members of the yearbook staff!
2017-18 Metropolitan High School Theater Award Nominations
- Congratulations to the BHS production of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying for receiving 8 Metro Award nominations!
- Jack McGranaghan – Best Male Comedy Performance
- Tucker Poux – Best Actor in a Supporting Role
- Ian Driver – Best Director
- Regina Leon – Best Musical Direction
- Best Production Number – Coffee Break
- Best Stage Crew
- Mathena Chan and Sarah Seissler -Best Graphic Design for Playbill cover
- Jennifer Sabin Poux and Betty Ng-Beckler – Best Lobby Display
- Congratulations to the 2018-2019 Inductees!
Daniel de Castro
- Congratulations to the following inductees for 2018-2019!
Congratulations to the following inductees for 2018-2019:
Daniel de Castro
Regine Mae Navarro*
Mark Rogers Jr.