- 2023-2024 Budget Calendar
- January 19, 2023 Budget Development Presentation
- February 2, 2023 Athletics Budget Presentation
- February 2, 2023 Technology Budget Presentation
- February 2, 2023 Facilities and Transportation Budget Presentation
- February 16, 2023 Building Budget Presentation
- March 9, 2023 Special Education Budget Presentation
- March 9, 2023 2023-24 Superintendent's Budget Presentation
- March 23, 2023 2023-24 Superintendent's Budget Presentation
- April 13, 2023 2023-24 Superintendent's Budget Presentation/Budget Adoption
- May 4, 2023 2023-24 Superintendent's Budget Presentation/Budget Hearing
- 2023-24 Budget Book
- 2023-24 Budget Notice
- 2022-2023 Budget Calendar
- January 20, 2022 Budget Development Presentation
- February 3, 2022 Athletics Budget Presentation
- February 3, 2022 Facilities Budget Presentation
- February 3, 2022 Technology Budget Presentation
- February 17, 2022 Special Education Budget Presentation
- February 17, 2022 School Buildings Budget Presentation
- March 10, 2022 Superintendent's 2022-2023 Recommended Budget
- April 7, 2022 Superintendent's 2022-2023 Recommended Budget
- April 21, 2022 Superintendent's 2022-2023 Recommended Budget
- 2022-2023 Budget Book
- 2021-2022 Budget Calendar
- January 21, 2021 Budget Development Presentation
- February 4, 2021 Athletics Budget Presentation
- February 4, 2021 Operations, Maintenance & Transportation Presentation
- February 25, 2021 Buildings Budget Presentation
- March, 11 2021 Technology Budget Presentation
- March 11, 2021 Superintendent's Recommended 2021-22 Budget
- March 25, 2021 Superintendent's Recommended 2021-22 Budget
- April 6, 2021 Superintendent's Recommended 2021-22 Budget
- April 15, 2021 2021-22 Budget Adoption
- May 6, 2021 2021-22 Budget Hearing
- 2021-22 Briarcliff Manor UFSD Budget Book
- 2020-21 Budget Hearing - June 1st, 2020
- Budget Newsletter - May 2020
- Proposed Budget Document - May 22, 2020
- Superintendent's Reduced Proposed Budget - May 7, 2020
- Superintendent Budget Presentation - April 16, 2020
- Superintendent Proposed Budget - March 26, 2020
- Superintendent Proposed Budget - March 11, 2020
- 2020-21 School Building & Special Education Budget Presentations
- Budget Presentation - Operations & Maintenance; Transportation; Technology; Athletic - February 06, 2020
- Budget Calendar 2020-2021
- Preliminary Budget Discussion - January 23, 2020
SCHOOL DISTRICT BUDGET VOTE & BOARD ELECTIONS
DISTRITO ESCOLAR VOTACION DEL PRESUPUESTO Y ELECCIÓN DE LA JUNTA DIRECTIVA
Prospective Board of Education Candidate Packets are available at the at the District Clerk’s office at 45 Ingham Road, in Briarcliff Manor, NY. The office is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The deadline to submit the nominating petition is Monday, April 22, at 5:00 p.m.
Peticiones de Nominación
Los posibles paquetes de candidatos de la Junta de Educación están disponibles en la Oficina de la Secretaria del Districto, Juanita Brockett, en 45 Ingham Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY. . La oficina está abierta de lunes a viernes de 8:00 a.m. a 4:00 p.m. La fecha límite para presentar la petición de nominación es el lunes 22 de abril a las 5:00 p.m.
Absentee Ballot Information
Anyone that is registered to vote and will not be in Westchester County on the date of the annual school district election may be eligible to apply for an absentee ballot. To receive an absentee ballot, an application must first be completed. An application can be requested from the District Clerk or downloaded by clicking here.
By Mail: The District Clerk must receive this application at least seven (7) days before the election (May 14) if the ballot is to be mailed to you.
In Person: If someone will be personally picking up the ballot at the District Office, then the application may be submitted up to the day before the election (May 20).
The actual ballots will not be able to be distributed until after the Board of Education adopts the budget and board petitions are submitted on April 22nd.
Información de la boleta de votación en ausencia
Cualquier persona que esté registrada para votar y no estará en el Condado de Westchester en la fecha de la elección anual del distrito escolar puede ser elegible para solicitar una boleta de votación en ausencia. Para recibir una boleta de votación en ausencia, primero se debe completar una solicitud. Se puede solicitar una solicitud al secretario del distrito o descargarla aquí.
Por correo: la secretario del distrito debe recibir esta solicitud al menos siete (7) días antes de la elección (14 de mayo) si se le va a enviar la boleta.
En persona: Si alguien recogerá personalmente la boleta en la Oficina del Distrito, la solicitud puede presentarse hasta el día anterior a la elección (20 de mayo).
Las boletas no podrán distribuirse hasta que la Junta de Educación adopte el presupuesto y las peticiónes de nominación sean entregadas el lunes 22 de abril a las 5:00 p.m.
QUALIFICATION OF VOTERS:
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- 18 years of age or older.
- A resident within the District for a period of 30 days for at least 30 days prior to the vote.
- A registered voter of the District and/or a registered voter of Westchester County whose name appears on the list supplied by the Westchester County Board of Elections as having voted in a national, state or county election during the past four years.
CALIFICACIÓN DE LOS VOTANTES
- Debes ser ciudadano de los Estados Unidos
- Debe tener 18 años de edad o más
- Un residente dentro del Distrito por un período de 30 días por lo menos 30 días antes de la votación
- Un votante registrado del distrito y/o un votante registrado del condado de Westchester como haber votado en las elecciones nacionales estatales or del condado durante los últimos cuatro años.
VOTE: Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Todd School K-2 Cafeteria, 45 Ingham Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510
School Voting Registration Information
Absentee ballot applications are available at the District Clerk's Office at the District Office during normal business hours (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) or by downloading the application by clicking here.
The absentee ballot application should be submitted in original form, with the original signature on it. It must be submitted at least seven days before the vote/election if the ballot will be mailed to the voter and by the day before the vote/election if the ballot will be personally picked up by the voter. The absentee ballot must be received by the District Clerk by 5:00 p.m. on the day of the vote/election in order to be counted.
Qualifications of Voters:
A person shall be entitled to vote at any school meeting for the election of school district officers and upon all other matters, which may be brought before such meeting, who is:
- A citizen of the United States.
- Eighteen years of age.
- A resident within the District for a period of 30 days next preceding the meeting at which he offers to vote.
- A registered voter of the District and/or a registered voter of Westchester County whose name appears on the list supplied by the Westchester County Board of Elections as having voted in a national, state, or county election during the past four years.
NOTICE OF SCHOOL BUDGET VOTE & BOARD ELECTIONS FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a Public Budget Hearing of the Briarcliff Manor Union Free School District shall be held on Thursday, May 5, 2023 at 7:30 o’clock in the evening in the Middle School Theater located at 444 Pleasantville Road, Briarcliff Manor for the purpose of discussion of the expenditure of funds and budgeting thereof;
FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the Budget Vote and School Board Election will be held on Tuesday, May 16, 2023, between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., prevailing time, in the Todd Elementary School K-2 Cafeteria, 45 Ingham Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY, at which time the polls will be opened to vote by voting machine upon the following items:
- To adopt the annual budget for the School District for the fiscal year 2023-2024 and to authorize the requisite portion thereof to be raised by taxation on the taxable property of the District.
- To elect one (1) member to sit on the Board of Education for a term of three (3) years, commencing July 1, 2023 and expiring June 30, 2026.
The following vacancy is to be filled:
- Term of Guido Federici expiring June 30, 2023 Mr. Federici resigned in July 2022. The vacancy is temporarily being filled by Mr. Tony Sammi. The person who is elected on May 16, 2023 will immediately occupy the position.
FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a copy of the statement of the amount of money which will be required for School District purposes during the 2023-2024 school year (the Budget), exclusive of public monies, as well as a copy of any proposition to be presented at said Annual School District Meeting, may be obtained by any resident of the District during business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., prevailing time, on each day other than a Saturday, Sunday or holiday, during the fourteen (14) days immediately preceding such vote at the District Office, 45 Ingham Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY, and at each of the following schoolhouses located in Briarcliff Manor, New York: Todd Elementary School, 45 Ingham Road; Briarcliff Middle School and Briarcliff High School, 444 Pleasantville Road. The Budget shall also be available on the District’s website. A Real Property Tax Exemption Report prepared in accordance with Section 495 of the Real Property Tax Law will be annexed to any tentative/preliminary budget as well as the final adopted budget of which it will form a part; and shall be posted on District bulletin board(s) maintained for public notices, as well as on the District’s web site (www.briarcliffschools.org).
FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that petitions nominating candidates for the office of member of the Board of Education shall be filed with the Clerk of the Briarcliff Manor Union Free School District, 45 Ingham Road, District Office, Briarcliff Manor, New York, not later than 5:00 p.m., prevailing time, on Monday, April 17, 2023. Vacancies on the Board of Education are not considered separate, specific offices; candidates run at large. Nominating petitions shall not describe any specific vacancy upon the Board for which the candidate is nominated and must be signed by at least Twenty-five (25) qualified voters or of the District; must state the name and residence address of each signer and must state the name and residence address of the candidate; and shall describe the length of the term of office.
FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that applications for absentee ballots for the Annual Election and Budget Vote are available at the District Office or on the District web site (www.briarcliffschools.org) for qualified voters of the District. Applications must be received by the District Clerk at no more than thirty (30) days and at least seven (7) days before the election (May 9, 2023) if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter or the day before the election (May 16, 2023), if the ballot is to be delivered personally to the voter or the voter’s authorized agent set forth in the application at the District Office. A list of all persons to whom absentee ballots have been issued will be available for inspection to qualified voters of the District in the Office of the Clerk during regular office hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., prevailing time, until the day of the Annual Election and Budget Vote. Any qualified voter may file a written challenge of the qualifications as a voter of any person on such list, stating the reasons for the challenge. Absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk by 5:00 p.m., on May 16, 2023.
FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that pursuant to Section 2014 of the Education Law no person shall be entitled to vote at the Election and Budget Vote whose name does not appear on the register of the School District, or who does not register as herein provided. Any person who has registered and voted at any annual or special meeting or election during the four (4) calendar years prior to 2023 need not re-register.
FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that an extended evening registration will be made available on Thursday, May 11, 2023, between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., in the District Office of the Todd Elementary School, 45 Ingham Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY, for the purpose of registering voters for the vote and election to be held on May 16, 2023. Qualified residents may also register for the vote and election by appearing at the Office of the Clerk of the District Office, 45 Ingham Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY, on any day between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. (except Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays) up to and including May 11, 2023.
FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that any person, otherwise qualified to vote, who is currently registered with the Westchester County Board of Elections for any general election, pursuant to Section 5-612 of the Election Law, shall be entitled to vote without further registration pursuant to Section 2014 of the Education Law.
FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the register prepared pursuant to Section 2014 of the Education Law, including the names of military voters who submitted valid military voter registrations, will be filed in the Office of the Clerk of the District; that same will be open for inspection by any qualified voter of the District between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on each of the five days prior to the date set for election, except Sunday. FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Registration will also meet during the Annual Vote and Election at the place where the vote and election is held, for the purpose of preparing a register for any meeting or election held after the Annual Vote and Election.
FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that any proposition or question not requiring official notice in the call of the Annual Vote and Election may be voted upon at said Vote and Election, providing a petition signed by at least one hundred (100) qualified voters, together with the legal residence of each, is filed with the Clerk of the District no later than thirty (30) days before the vote.
AND FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that military voters who are not currently registered may request an application to register as a qualified voter of the Briarcliff Manor Union Free School District and military voters who are registered to vote may request an application for a military ballot, for the Annual Meeting on May 16, 2023, by contacting the District Clerk at 45 Ingham Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510, Telephone: (914) 432-8130, or Email: JBrockett@Briarcliffschools.org. A military voter may indicate their preference for receiving the registration application and/or military ballot application by mail, facsimile transmission, or email. The completed application to register and/or for a military ballot must be received by the District Clerk by no later than 5:00 pm on April 17, 2023. Military ballots will be mailed or otherwise distributed no later than 25 days before the election (April 20, 2023). Military ballots must be returned by mail or in person and received by the District Clerk by 5:00 pm on May 16, 2023.
This notice is also available in Spanish on our district website: www.briarcliffschools.org
Dated: April 1, 2023
Budget Vote & Board Elections - May 16, 2023
Todd School K-2 Cafeteria – 6am – 9pm
To be eligible to vote in any Briarcliff Manor School District election, budget vote or referendum, residents of the District must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- Citizen of the United States
- Resident of the Briarcliff Manor School District for at least 30 days prior to the vote date
- Registered to vote
Residents must be registered for either general elections or school elections. Any person who resides in the Briarcliff Manor School District and is registered with the Westchester County Board of Elections to vote in our District does not need to register separately with the School District.
If you are unsure whether you are registered for general elections, you can check your status by clicking https://voterlookup.elections.ny.gov
If you are not registered to vote, you may register in one of the following ways:
Register with the Westchester County Board of Elections using the New York State Voter Registration Form. https://citizenparticipation.westchestergov.com/images/stories/pdfs/23voterregform.pdf Return the completed form to the Board of Elections at 25 Quarropas Street, White Plains, NY 10601
File an online application with the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/electronic-voter-registration-application
Register with the Briarcliff Manor School District Clerk by appointment Todd School, District Office, 45 Ingham Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510
Absentee Ballots are now available. To obtain an absentee ballot you must complete an Absentee Ballot Application form. “Click Here” and send to the District Clerk. The District Clerk must receive absentee ballots by 5:00 p.m. on the day of the vote.