Board of Education
The Members of the Board of Education
Schools provide a unique environment for social development with peers and adults; therefore, activities are consciously structured to enhance these relationships. There are opportunities for students to participate in experiences that promote self-esteem, as well as to have students learn the limits of individual freedom and the values of cooperation, physical fitness and good health habits. The relationship between the arts and quality of life is stressed. Students are encouraged to be participants in the arts and are given opportunities to develop their aesthetic appreciation and awareness.
Because learning is a life-long experience, the Briarcliff School community strives to be a place where adults model for students the value and process of learning. In all aspects of the K-12 program, excellence is sought as a goal.
The Briarcliff Schools provide a comprehensive and responsive educational program that is relevant to the individual needs of students. It is planned with an awareness of the future and encourages students to contribute to the betterment of that world. By blending a knowledge of our multi-ethnic past and our shared values with a concern for future directions, the educational program prepares students for their role in the world.
Board of Education Meetings
Regularly scheduled meetings of the Board of Education are held on the second and fourth Monday of every month. The second Monday is a work session and the fourth Monday a business session. Other meetings are also held from time to time. The dates, times and locations of these meetings are announced in advance. Residents of the District are invited to attend all public meetings for the Board of Education and each meeting's agenda provides for comments from the public.
Contact the Board of Education
BOARD GOALS 2017-2018
Support efforts to provide a high quality, well rounded educational experience that meets the needs of all students, delivers the skills and confidence necessary to be successful in the 21st century, and supports the emotional and physical safety and wellbeing of students through:
• Maintaining updated Policy manual, Professional Development Plan, Special Education District Plan, Code of Conduct, Exposure Control Plan
• Supporting staff training and development
• Supporting educational programs that create viable learning paths in our curriculum areas for our students (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Social Studies, Foreign Language, Computer Science, English, Performing & Fine Arts and Sports).
Ensure our tax dollars are invested efficiently and are used judiciously in support of our educational program through:
• Presentations prior to budget development on academic areas, arts, sports, special education, extra-curricular activities, facility and infrastructure needs, and contractual obligations
• Develop a multi-year financial plan to assist in identifying potential areas of concern and risks to the annual budget and capital expenditure plans
Strive to provide a tax cap compliant budget without sacrificing the educational goals of the district.
Assure that the administration complies with a standard to achieve full transparency in the budget process as well as the educational plans for the District.
Finalize the full review of the Districts Policy Manual and begin the first year of a continual three year review process.
End Board meetings by 10:00 P.M.